Sohamsa Ocean Estate – Villa Soham
Poised on a clifftop, commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the five-bedroom fully staffed Villa Soham is one of two luxury properties at Sohamsa Ocean Estate, part of an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost tip of the Bukit peninsula.
What we love about Villa Soham Nusa Dua…
- When rented with Villa Hamsa, weddings and events may be arranged for up to 40 seated guests or 60 guests standing
- The villas share ten staff members, including a villa manager; villa attendants; chef; gardener; engineer; security. Additional staff (eg babysitters, massage and beauty therapists) are available at an additional charge
- There’s a huge air-conditioned living space with formal lounge and dining areas
- The villa has a well-equipped kitchen, with a staff area discreetly tucked away out of sight
- The large ocean-view gym with a private cliff-edge garden
- The villa has a massage room, steam room and sauna
- There’s a huge open-sided poolside pavilion, with comfy seating and a kitchenette and barbecue area
- The 22m swimming pool with sun terrace
This still unspoilt slice of Bali feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots yet is only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and some world-famous surf breaks. The coastline here is blessed with enchanting sandy coves protected by soaring cliffs.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, a large infinity pool hugging the cliff edge, and a well-equipped gym and massage area, with sauna and steam room.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym, working up a sweat in the sauna and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a morning of activity, you’ll deserve a leisurely lunch in the poolside pavilion, and a siesta on the deck followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or kayak, then sink into a deep relaxing bath with breathtaking ocean views, before adjourning to the pool pavilion for sunset cocktails and a seafood barbecue prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a team of staff dedicated to making your time at Villa Soham really special. Maybe watch a movie in the media room, then retire to your air-conditioned bedroom for a blissful night’s sleep.
While Villa Soham can host up to 10 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 18 – when combined with Villa Hamsa. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, three of the villa’s bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean – seemingly miles away from the island’s busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.