Villa Marie is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
What we love about Villa Marie Nusa Dua…
- Weddings and events for up to 400 people can be arranged at the estate with prior notice
- The boasts access to squash and tennis courts, a well-equipped gym; and a luxury spa.
- A centrally positioned living and dining pavilion houses all Villa Marie’s indoor living space
- Spacious outdoor dining balé fitted with a built-in barbecue, wet kitchen area and a circular, all-weather-rattan table for eight.
- There’s a 17-metre T-shaped swimming pool with a shallow area for the kids
- There are private furnished terraces in front of the two master bedrooms, either side of the pool
- The two luxurious master suite pavilions each with wide glass doors facing the ocean in one direction and the pool in the other
- The property is situated on a huge 4,000sqm tropical, cliff-top plot.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the clifftop overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is glorious, unadulterated, spectacular Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, The Pala, Villa Rose, Villa Markisa and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped clifftop gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff and purpose-designed guest facilities, make The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full-size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. Villa Marie’s layout is particularly family-friendly. Bedrooms are arranged around the 16-metre pool, a centrally situated living pavilion and a large barbecue balé. Four of the six bedrooms occupy a double-storey building towards the back of the villa, with two master bedrooms in stand-alone pavilions to the front. Although Villa Marie is set slightly further back than the other Pandawa Cliff Estate villas, the ocean can still be seen from most rooms.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and guarded by a team of diligent security staff, while two seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the island of the gods.
Peaceful and private, situated at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian Ocean from its enchanting clifftop setting.
Apart from a handful of luxury villas sprinkling the top of the cliff, and the beach huts and local cafés bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite its tranquil, rural setting, Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than a 30-minute drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.