Sohamsa Ocean Estate – Villa Hamsa
Poised on a clifftop commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the four-bedroom fully staffed Villa Hamsa forms part of Sohamsa Ocean Estate, together with the five-bedroom Villa Soham.
What we love about Villa Hamsa Nusa Dua…
- Villa Hamsa is well equipped for families with young children. Facilities include a high chair; cot; pool toys; Playstation. Other equipment can be hired on request (extra charges apply)
- The villa has ten staff members, including a villa manager; villa attendants; chef; gardener; engineer; security. Additional staff (eg babysitters, massage and beauty therapists) are available at an additional charge
- The villa was its own gym with treadmill, cycle, cross-trainer, weights bench; in-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu carried out by professional beauty therapists in the massage room
- There’s a huge emperor-sided bed in the master bedroom; all three guest bedrooms have twin beds that can be converted to kings
- The master ensuite has an indoor and alfresco shower – both with stunning ocean vistas
- The 14-metre private pool with sun deck
- There’s a beautiful alfresco dining terrace
The villas are set in an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost part of the Bukit peninsula – a still unspoilt slice of Bali that feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots – yet are only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and world-famous surf breaks that lie just off enchanting sandy coves.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, and a large infinity pool.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a leisurely lunch you’ll deserve a sea-breeze siesta. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or a kayak, then retire to the master suite and sink into the deep bath tub before dressing for sunset cocktails on the deck to the sound of surf. Then take your seat at the enormous marble-topped dining table and enjoy a gourmet candlelit dinner prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a team of staff dedicated to making your time at the villa really special.
While Villa Hamsa can host up to 8 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 18 – when combined with Villa Soham. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, the guest bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean – seemingly miles away from the island’s busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.