Villa Belong Dua
Set in the tiny fishing village of Seseh on the island’s southwest coast, lies Villa Belong Dua an enchanting two-bedroom holiday villa in beautiful Bali.
What we love about Villa Belong Dua Tanah Lot…
- The villa has an amazing array of staff, including a villa manager; chef; 3 butlers; a gardener/pool attendant; 2 security guards. Spa therapists and babysitters available at extra charge
- The living pavilion with high-vaulted roof, open on three sides and overlooking the garden with comfortable couches, daybeds, and cushions
- There’s an antique balé gede from Bali’s Gianyar Regency furnished with two daybeds for relaxation or enjoying a massage
- The villa has an air-conditioned media room which doubles as a study and is equipped with satellite TV, DVD player, and iPod dock.
- The villa is great for families, with a cot; high chair; shallow pool area; DVDs, books, games, and toys.
- There’s satellite TV, DVD and iPod docks in each bedroom; Satellite TV, DVD, CD, iPod dock and book collection in the media room
- The 20m x 4m swimming pool has a shallow end for children
Resting on a large estate in a beautiful walled garden Villa Belong Dua features a series of five pavilions – positioned in accordance with ancient cosmology, which house the villa’s charming living areas, along with stunning swimming pool. The traditional architecture and artefacts of Villa Belong Dua celebrate the heritage of Bali, incorporating the symbolic elements of Balinese Hinduism across the contemporary, stylish interiors and modern facilities.
While relatively new, Villa Belong Dua is designed around the time-honoured Balinese compound style, offering guests the luxuries of space, comfort and privacy in two charming bedroom pavilions and open-sided living and dining areas, all encircled by a delightful, mature walled garden featuring a 20-metre-long swimming pool alongside a delightful balé gede (relaxation pavilion). Facilities within the villa include Wifi throughout, LCD flat-screen satellite TV and DVD players, an iPod with three docking stations, and a modern, well-equipped western kitchen.
Guests at Belong Dua are treated to five-star service by a warm and friendly team of staff including a villa manager and team of experienced staff including a private chef and full housekeeping services. Villa Belong Dua is the perfect destination for those who want to get lost in the beauty of the Bali countryside, immerse themselves in the Balinese Hindu lifestyle and experience the warm hospitality, history and culture of this unique tropical island.
The fishing village of Seseh grew in importance in 18th century Bali when it became home to the major temple of the former Kingdom of Mengwi. At that time it was also a small trading port, inhabited by a number of families of Chinese decent.
The village still retains the customs and culture of old Bali. Here, you will see the rice being planted and harvested in the fields, fishing boats returning with the night’s catch, as well as frequent, colourful processions to the large beachside temple.
Today, Seseh is an ideal destination for those who want to get lost in the beauty of the countryside and engage with the local people to gain privileged insights into the Balinese Hindu lifestyle: the people of Seseh encourage and welcome congenial visitors.
There are no international restaurants here, but the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive (15km) from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak. The renowned surfers’ haunt of Echo Beach is also within easy reach (8.5km by road or just a pleasant 1.5km walk along the beach), where guests can enjoy the laidback vibe, an ice-cold beer or seafood barbecue at The Beach House, and some incredible sunsets.