Villa Sungai Tinggi
The beautiful traditionally styled Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa rests on the shores of a pristine black-sand beach in the peaceful rural village of Pererenan, on Bali’s southwest coast. Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa comprises a main four-bedroom villa, a glorious open-sided living and dining pavilion, lush gardens and an 18-metre infinity edge pool.
What we love about Villa Sungai Tinggi Canggu…
- There’s an 18m infinity, free-form, greenstone swimming pool sitting amongst expansive rolling lawns as well as a plunge pool with jacuzzi jets at the guesthouse
- A huge open-sided wantilan (village meeting hall) pavilion with two-tiered thatched roof and polished cream terrazzo floors makes up the social hub of the villa
- Guests can savour the incredible ocean views from a range of lounging and dining options including oversized couches, a huge 14-seater dining table or the coconut-shell bar
- The river- and sea-view lounge and veranda in the guesthouse offer a more intimate venue for dining or socialising
- The master suite and study is richly decorated, housed in its own pavilion and featuring alang-alang roof and parquet floors, has a four-poster bed, and a patio opening onto sea views
- The villa has access to a shared tennis court
This blissful villa sits on the banks of a small lagoon, where the river meets the sea, with over 100 metres of beach frontage overlooking one of Canggu’s most famous surf breaks. Soft rolling lawns hug the landscape’s natural contours while a free-form 18-metre infinity swimming pool blends seamlessly with the ocean all the way to the horizon. The garden, bursting with fragrant frangipanis, swaying coconut palms and luscious green foliage, is a stunning private oasis, and amidst its tropical expanse lies the villa’s dedicated events space – a coconut grove directly connected to the beach via a pretty timber walkway, which makes an unforgettable setting for nuptial vows.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa feels like a celebration of Bali, and the owners’ love and passion for the island is evident in the fine selection of local materials and stunning collection of handpicked artworks that liberally adorn the property. Exotic timber floors, coral-limestone walls and alang-alang thatched roofs mix delightfully with antique artefacts and weavings to give the villa its distinctive style and ambiance.
The friendly staff, many of whom reside in the local village, have a strong attachment to the villa and clearly love taking care of its guests. Families and groups of friends will find the main villa abundantly spacious and a delightful venue to sleep, relax and unwind. Play a match on the tennis court, enjoy a massage, admire the sunset from the balcony or converge on the imposing living pavilion – you’re simply spoilt for choice.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa is blessed with a sublime beachfront location near Pererenan on Bali’s south-west coast. Here guests can take a leisurely sunset stroll along the quiet beach, surf on one of the island’s best breaks, or admire the fishermen in their brightly coloured jukungs (traditional fishing boats) hauling in the daily catch. An interesting juxtaposition of traditional and modern, this is where daily offerings at the village temple and meticulous tending of rice fields are the norm, while being home to some of the most exciting cafés and restaurants on the island.
Guests at Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa are privy to a real slice of local Bali life. Should the bright lights of Seminyak beckon, the many upmarket restaurants, bars and shops of the cosmopolitan district are a short drive away, and your car and driver are on standby to whisk you there.